Thursday, October 27, 2011

Our Island Story Lapbook- Part Two

      Here is the second page of the Our Island Story lapbook.  It has information on Henry I and Stephen, as well as stuff pertaining to that time period. 
     We had to do a little digging to find the names of Stephen's wife and children, as they were not mentioned in the book, but it is doing stuff like that, that makes it more interesting.  One question I have in the King's "fact sheet" is "Good or bad king?"  I have asked Anna to put down what she thinks, using her own judgement.  When it came to answering that question about Stephen, she said she thought he wasn't a bad man, but he ruled very badly, so that made him a bad king.  I thought that was very well put.
     Here are the mini books unfolded.  The code of chivalry mini book I got from Homeschoolshare, a great lapbooking resource. 

5 comments:

  1. I like the idea of adding if it is a good king or a bad king. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I would like to try this too. Do you create the information as soon as you read a chapter or do you go back after a few chapters? Any other helpful info? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She works on it as soon as we are done reading. That way the information is fresh. I try to have everything that we will be working on that day already printed and cut out. We are also watching the "Monarchy" videos, which gives some additional info and images as to what it might have looked like. I have to skip over a few parts with her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI,
    I know it has been awhile since you worked on this lap book, but do you remember your resource for the printables of the kings? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you make all these lapbook resources as you went along reading the book? I'm literally just reading the book out loud to my kids as they are doing other stuff (art/lego) and although we're all enjoying it I'm not sure how much they are taking in.

    ReplyDelete