Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A Little Mushroom-scape

     My most recent craft I have been learning is needle felting.  I love it because it takes very little experience to make something really fabulous.  It's also a great stress reliever.  Something about jabbing an object with a sharp needle over and over again, lets all the tension flow out.  Last week was VBS week for us, and although lots of fun, being the head snack lady is also kind of stressful. 
     That's when I decided to get out my wool and make a little something just for fun, even if it serves no practical purpose.

I love mushrooms, so when I saw these wonderful little mushroom scapes, I knew I had to try and recreate one.  Although mine is not near as fantastic, I do like it a lot.  The mushrooms are based on actual mushrooms that I've seen, but do not know the name. I need to get a mushroom field guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment